The journey of Navonmesh NGO in Siddarth Nagar begins in the year 2009 with the strong determination of bringing developmental change in the field of culture in district Siddharthnagar of Uttar Pradesh. It all started with the theater workshop but as per the societal necessity, the organization diversified itself for the different social issues i.e. health (especially Japanese Encephalitis, Tuberculosis and AIDS), Women Empowerment, PCPNDT, environment awareness, education, Rehabilitation programs for prisoners, empowerment of vulnerable and excluded community and other related issues. In February 2010 the informal organization was registered as a state level non-profit organization under the Society’s Registration Act, 1860 and later on converted into a national level organization in the year 2011. At present Navonmesh is having a huge team of youth volunteers, experienced professionals, qualified women and devoted workers. From the day of establishment till date Navonmesh had taken several initiatives to aware, capacitate, orient, train and sensitize the different level of communities.
Vision of Organization:
We envision to preserve and protect the heritage of our culture simultaneously embrace its responsibility to make the world a better place in an effective way in which women are empowered, uplifted and full partners in society by eliminating social stigmas. It envisions at providing women an environment which is safe and sustainable. As important, they have hope, self-esteem and ability to control their valued life and destinies. At the same time envisions “Health for all “ – a society in which citizens enjoy holistic health and well-being and they can as healthy and productive citizens contribute actively to the development of their communities and society.
Mission of Organization:
Our mission is to promote the young talents to contribute in our enriched culture simultaneously work with marginalized sections of the society especially women to empower and enable them to evolve a vision of peaceful and harmonious society including alternate models of society and economic relations and alternate development paradigm.
At the same time our mission is to improve the health of people around the communities by strengthening systems and encouraging health behaviors.
- To enrich young talents with literary and theatrical activities and provide platform to them for spreading awareness on various social issues.
- To identify and work alongside the economically and socially deprived women, so that they become educated, skilled and aware.
- Enable them to be self-reliant and enjoy a healthy, dignified and sustainable quality of life.
- And to that end, empower them by strengthening their physical, emotional well-being and economic security.
- To advocate, encourage and guide positive health seeking behavior with special emphasis on physical, mental and social well -being.
- To work on disease diagnostics, vaccine delivery, nutrition, reproductive health, water and sanitation, and other areas.
- To advocate, promote and sensitize communities on primary health care, reproductive child health, family planning and work on some most widespread and threatening communicable diseases like Japanese encephalitis, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS etc.
We believe whether toaddress empowerment, healthcare or human rights, no better place to start than in the corridors of awareness and education.
- Identify and promote the young talents to contribute in our enriched culture.
- Identify and build capabilities of women- including physical capabilities/ create awareness/ prevention programmes/ crisis counselling and support groups.
- Building awareness and behavioral change is at the core of what we do.
- The areas are identified based on socio-economic indicators.
- Work in remote and hard to reach areas providing underserved communities an opportunity to live healthier and better life.
- Empowering communities to demand for improved health services through awareness building counselling and information sessions.
- All interventions use simple and scalable models.
- We ensure that communities take ownership of the programs to ensure effective implementation.
We work with multiple stakeholders to create synergies at various levels.
Our major initiative areas:
Following are the major thematic area of organization Navonmesh:
• Cultural Development.
• Women Empowerment.
• Health: especially Japanese Encephalitis, AIDS, Tuberculosis
• Strengthen small and marginal farmers.
• Sensitize and capacitate youths.
• Rehabilitation of Life Term prisoners.
• Empower vulnerable and excluded community.
Our Supporting Agencies:
Song and Drama Division
Cultural Ministry, U.P.
National Health Mission (NHM)
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
Public Health Foundation of India
Regional Culture Centre
Bank of Baroda
Sangeet Natak Academy, U.P.
Bhartendu Natya Academy, Lucknow, U.P.
District Administration Siddharthnagar.